CEU's & Certifications
If you're looking for info on certifications or how to submit for CEU's you have come to the right place.
CEU Equivalency Petition
CEU Group Petition
CPRE certification establishes a national standard for managerial, administrative and executive parks and recreation professionals.
to sign up for IPRA's CPRE Test Prep
CPRP certification is the national standard for all parks and recreation professionals who want to be at the forefront of their profession.
to sign up for IPRA's CPRP Test Prep
Continuing Education Units
What is a CEU?
A Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction. Individuals certified as CPRE and CPRP are required to earn a specified number of CEUs during their respective certification periods.
How do I earn CEU's?
1. Attendance at NRPA and IPRA annual conferences and events
2. Academic credits (take the total number of classroom instructional hours and divide by 10)
3. Professional Service Experience Points (PSE)
How do I track CEU's?
Individuals are responsible for keeping track of their CEUs and for providing documentation to NRPA when applying for renewal.
All members can track all CEU's that have been obtained through an IPRA-registered event
To do this all members need to do is:
- Register for an event/program through IPRA which offers CEU's
- Log in to your account and head to the Member Portal
- Select the Continuing Education link on the left side of the screen
All of your CEU's should populate here and you will be able to download all of your certificates from this page. You can also register for more by clicking on the CEU Catalog tab at the top of the screen.